Brangelina at Bear Run

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
SWSinDC

Brangelina at Bear Run

Post by SWSinDC »

A story to make you chuckle...or fume:

http://www.local6.com/entertainment/104 ... ertainment

I cannot help thinking that FLLW would have LOVED to have given these two a grand tour...well, maybe just Angelina.

JimM

Post by JimM »

I wonder how receptive Ms. Armstrong would be to a similar request from other Wright fans...say, someone like me. I'd even call myself instead of my assistant, and I'd promise to be "gracious" and "engaged" in the house for two hours. I also would not expect a private caviar moment by the fireplace, which those caring for the place had to be invited to!

Such largess shown by Fallingwater is normally dependent upon generous financial contributions at special occasions...say like Brad Pitt's birthday.... of which no mention is made. Otherwise, getting the "star" treatment would simply be an elitist reward for being smitten by Brangelina, which Ms. Armstrong obviously was. This probably happens more than one would think.

hypnoraygun

Post by hypnoraygun »

In a video from a Local new station that interviewed the Curator, it was said something about anyone with $500 bucks could have this type of tour as well.

Oh and the food was brought in by Brad.

Richard

Post by Richard »

Nothing was mentioned of a fee for the birthday party but these do appear to be very generous people. Also, this event did draw quite a bit of publicity for Fallingwater. These are two of the most publicized people in the world at the current time. I would imagine that this type of publicity and Mr. Pitt's very positive comments about his visit are a good thing for Fallingwaters promotion...
Homeowner

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

When Brad was married to Jennifer Aniston, he arranged for a private tour of Barnsdall, as did Barbra Streisand some years earlier. If such high-profile celebrities were to tag along with an ordinary tour, it would cause a lot of fuss and distract from the enjoyment for other tourists. Both Pitt and Streisand were very interested in FLW and knowledgeable, as well as gracious and generous. I see nothing wrong with the courtesy.

JimM

Post by JimM »

Roderick Grant wrote:If such high-profile celebrities were to tag along with an ordinary tour, it would cause a lot of fuss and distract from the enjoyment for other tourists.

Fun thread. True, I would have a difficult time deciding whether to look at Brangelina or Fallingwater. :wink: This dilemna may rightfully reduce most visitors to "looky loos", with no real interest in the site. I've seen this on many tours there. Brad's interest trumps mine or yours on the basis of fame (money) alone. I don't agree celebrity buttkissing is of significant PR value to Fallingwater, which has held its own over the years without another celebrity pilgrimage. "Oh, Ethel, let's go to that Fallingwater place, Brangelina went there!"

"Tag along" and "ordinary" are interesting words. I simply never thought celebrities (and the other rich), deserved such treatment; a view apparently not shared by most.

I suppose there is a primal urge to cater to those judged "different" than "ordinary" people. Sans a big buck donation, I think everyone deserves to be hustled through before the next tour equally. I'll have to remember my caviar and champagne next time-even though I could have sworn beverages were not allowed on tours. Oh, just ordinary tours!

Damn right I'm just jealous!!!

:D

jrdet10

Brangelina/Frankivanna

Post by jrdet10 »

Yeah, well, Brangelina weren't shown around Samara by Dr. Christian four hours after they were supposed to be there, like he did for me and my wife. So there.
"Well, there you are!"

SpringGreen

predictable

Post by SpringGreen »

I cannot help thinking that FLLW would have LOVED to have given these two a grand tour...well, maybe just Angelina.
I imagine he would enjoy the visit.

Miss Jolie's architecture is a very good architecture.

Her lips do cantilever, after all.

First, Tom Hanks, Dennis Miller & Ron Howard just show up for a regular Fallingwater tour last summer, now this. They really do get all the breaks at that place. darned masterpiece.

It's nice that mega-rich stars choose to go to FLLW buildings rather than buy another island. That's what they normally do, right?
"The building as architecture is born out of the heart of man, permanent consort to the ground, comrade to the trees, true reflection of man in the realm of his own spirit." FLLW, "Two Lectures in Architecture: in the Realm of Ideas".

jrdet10

star bright, star Wright

Post by jrdet10 »

Hey, Mr. Pitt, you could show your devotion by building the house Mr. Wright designed for Arthur Miller and that woman he was married to!
"Well, there you are!"

Wrightgeek

Brangelina

Post by Wrightgeek »

Hey, Mr. Pitt, you could show your devotion by building the house Mr. Wright designed for Arthur Miller and that woman he was married to!

FYI, that "other" Kaufmann house, the one in Palm Springs designed by Nuetra, will reportedly be made available for sale in the not too distant future. The current owners, who completed a multi-million restoration of the property, are divorcing.

Supposedly, they have already been contacted by Mr. Pitt or his peeps, and Brad has expressed his very sincere interest in having an opportunity to make an offer on the property before it goes on the market.

HOJO

Re: predictable

Post by HOJO »

SpringGreen wrote:

Miss Jolie's architecture is a very good architecture.

Her lips do cantilever, after all.

Not only her lips do cantilever ... ;-)