Article: Fay Jones' Clark House on NRHPs

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
DavidC

Article: Fay Jones' Clark House on NRHPs

Post by DavidC »

5 Arkansas sites claim spots on nation's historic places list

Pictures of Clark House:

Article on Clark House renovation by current owners

I wish I could have found better pictures of this magnificent home. Having had the privilege of visiting there twice, I can say that the above pictures by no means do it true justice. And, the current owners are wonderful stewards, too.

David

SDR

Re: Article: Fay Jones' Clark House on NRHPs

Post by SDR »

David, those photos do a lot to show the special character of this unusual house. The last one fills in an additional checkbox: the random-laid stone floor. The giant corner glass---taller and wider than most such corners in Wright or Jones---are remarkable.

What is the date of this construction ?

S

SDR

Post by SDR »

Speaking of reconstituted architecture fora, Architecture Week is the home of its Architecture Forum, formerly known as Design Community. Today I was not able to sign into this forum. At one time---before an ill-considered site redo---there was much lively conversation at Design Community. During its last year in the old format, a poster from Texas displayed a series of digital models of self-designed houses, some of them highly original and attractive.

PS---Don't miss the three pages of the Architecture Week article David linked in the first post . . .

S
Last edited by SDR on Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidC

Post by DavidC »