Alert: Wright Chat outages this week

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
JimM

Re: Alert: Wright Chat outages this week

Post by JimM »

Roderick Grant wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:35 pm
My criticism is that when going to a site that has been posted, it no longer brings up a new tab. This is cumbersome if one wants to go back and forth.
This is the only function that has taken a few visits for me to get used to... once "retrained", it's not much of an inconvenience.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

One thing I liked better in the old system was when clicking onto a site brought up a new tab so you could, if posting a response, flip back and forth between the site and the reply if needed.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Yes. What I was hoping for, as in days of yore, was to be taken automatically to the most recent page. But in these times of tribulation we are all learning to do without the usual luxuries, I guess . . .!

S

SDR

Post by SDR »

Another question: I see that my PM folder is full, with a new message on hold because of no more room. Is there a way to automatically delete the oldest message when a new one arrives ?

I don't find a way to select this option---assuming one is available.

Thanks---S

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

SDR, there is a place where you can click a box on the right end of a private message you want to delete. Below is an arrow that gives the choices: Mark/Unmark as important
Delete marked
Move marked to Saved messages,
then hit "Go," and supposedly the message would do what it is told to do, but it doesn't. There must be something amiss.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Another problem that didn't seem to exist in the previous iteration of the platform ? Perhaps there was no limit on the number of messages saved, then ? I hate to get rid of all of mine, in case something in one of them should be needed; that has only happened with relatively recent messages, for me.

One positive change is that there is now a limit on the width of a displayed image---with the easy option of opening the image in a new window or tab, to view it at full size. For me this means that I no longer have to limit the size of an image that I post here; they are often displayed larger for other uses to which I put them, with the consequence that I found myself carrying two files for each image, at different sizes. This will no longer be necessary, and readers here will be able to see images at the largest size I care to store.

S

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

No, the old system had an easy way to delete private messages.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Other improvements are that the "image" button (and others ?) place the result where desired rather than at the end of one's typed text. And the image button need be hit only once; the URL is pasted automatically between the [img and [/img. Nice . . .

S

SDR

Post by SDR »

Heh. I've marked the older private messages I'm ready to delete. Darned if I can see how to do that . . .!

S

Albert McArthur

Post by Albert McArthur »

I love the new format and functionality. Let's hope it keeps lurkers and spammers out. Thank you so much to Patrick for all his hard work.
I realize that I am not a frequent user, but it would have been nice to have been notified of the changes and to not have to re-register to get back in.
But here I am.