Brass door pulls needed for the Boulter House

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
chucklohre

Brass door pulls needed for the Boulter House

Post by chucklohre »

Hi fellow race fans,

Janet and I have restored the workspace and are now adding a similar cabinet to the carport. We need 24 brass door pulls which are 1 x 1 inch and sort of shaped like a chess pawn. You can see some photos here http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/cf3/ph ... se/c6be?c=. If anyone can help us out it would be appreciated. Our house site is http://www.wrightboulter.com
Chuck Lohre
1 Rawson Woods Circle
Cincinnati, OH 45220
c 513-260-9025
chuck@lohre.com

D. Shawn Beckwith

hardware suppliers

Post by D. Shawn Beckwith »

Dear Chuck:

Surprisingly you have a fantastic hardware store with knowledgable staff real close to you. Bona Decorative Hardware in Cincinnati supplied many items for me at the Westcott House. Unfortunately I could not open up the link to see the actual item to aide anymore. If I can be of more service please contact me.

D. Shawn Beckwith

Project Manager of the

Westcott House Restoration

The Durable Slate Company

www.durableslate.com

chucklohre

Doors pulls

Post by chucklohre »

Dear Shawn:

Janet has been to Bona but it would be a good idea to check with them again. Thanks for the tip. I'm also having a machine shop quote on making a few dozen.
Chuck Lohre
1 Rawson Woods Circle
Cincinnati, OH 45220
c 513-260-9025
chuck@lohre.com

D. Shawn Beckwith

another source

Post by D. Shawn Beckwith »

Chuck

Hays Fabricating in Springfield, Ohio produced the Sperry window hardware, strike plates, catches and other misc. metal items for Westcott. Also the Front ornamental gates, gate hinges, back gate hinges, front awning structure.They have a complete metal mill shop and welding facility. If your source doesn't work. They are really really good people to work with

D. Shawn Beckwith

Project Manager for the

Burton J. Westcott Restoration

The Durable Slate Company

www.durableslate.com

pharding

Post by pharding »

I need a flat cast iron ring for my floor registers. Can they do custom flat cast iron pieces? Thanks.

Richard

Post by Richard »

It sounds like this need may be already filled. But, just for the record, I have seen episodes of This Old House that visited custom hardware fabricating shops on more than one occasion. It's been a while but I'm sure that a production assistant from the show would be able to dig up the reference given that they have had Wright homes on the show... They are great people to work with.
Homeowner