Frank's Home, now playing at the Goodman Theatre

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
erin

Frank's Home, now playing at the Goodman Theatre

Post by erin »

Don't miss Frank
Last edited by erin on Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Palli Davis Holubar

Post by Palli Davis Holubar »

Searched for Frank's Home on goodman Theater site and could not get information. Please tell us about the play, playwrit and performance company. Thanks

erin

Post by erin »

Franks Home tickets are available via the internet at www.goodmantheatre.org or by phone at 312.443.3800. The show is being directed by Goodman Artistic Director and Tony Award Winner Robert Falls.

Franks Home takes place in the summer of 1923. Architect Frank Lloyd Wright has recently left Chicago for California, determined to embrace Hollywood's youthful zest and mend broken relationships with his adult children.

He has recently completed his latest "wonder of the world"-Tokyo's Imperial Hotel-and is poised to settle down and embrace his new home. But his splintered family still holds deep-seeded resentments. Then news arrives of an earthquake in Japan that has leveled his prized hotel. Or has it? A stunning new play from one of America's best contemporary playwrights, Frank's Home is a lyrical, heartbreaking story about one of our greatest, if less than perfect, visionaries-a man who created a new architectural vocabulary but couldn't create a home for himself and his family.

Starring Peter Weller, Chris Henry Coffey, Holley Fain, Mary Beth Fisher, Maggie Siff, Jeremy Strong, Jay Whitaker and Harris Yulin.
Last edited by erin on Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A Wright Homeowner

Great show!

Post by A Wright Homeowner »

Just saw the show last night. Wow! A compelling presentation of a most amazing script. Strong performances by all actors (my personal favorite being Harris Yulin's Louis Sullivan, with Peter Weller's Frank and Jay Whittaker's Lloyd tying for second...)

I was most impressed by author Richard Nelson's economy and mastery of words. While not addressing the origins of Wright's architectural genius, Nelson's ability to present as much as he did about Wright's known character and effect on others (especially Lloyd, Catherine and Louis Sullivan) in under 2 hours is award-worthy.

Rave reviews appear in the Tempo section of today's Chicago Tribune. The show was so good and has such a short run (ends before Christmas) that, if you're in the Chicago area, I'd recommend making the time for this one.

pharding

Frank's Home

Post by pharding »

My wife and I saw the play tonight. We both enjoyed it. FLW's well known character flaws were overstated as expected. The acting and script were all excellent. For a FLW enthusiast I would put this show in the Highly Recommended Category.
Paul Harding FAIA Owner and Restoration Architect for FLW's 1901 E. Arthur Davenport House, the First Prairie School House in Chicago | www.harding.com | LinkedIn