Penwern Book Update - Cover Design

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Mark Hertzberg

Penwern Book Update - Cover Design

Post by Mark Hertzberg »

There is now a cover design for my book about Frank Lloyd Wright's Fred B. Jones estate (Penwern) on Delavan Lake, Wisconsin: www.wrightinracine.com
Mark Hertzberg

JJM

Post by JJM »

Congratulations! I will watch for it next spring. I love how the cover type picks up the colors of the photo�a happy union of photography and design.

SDR

Post by SDR »

That's a very handsome photo. Pre-release cover art is a smart idea, isn't it; I wonder why it doesn't see wider application.

Best wishes for a successful launch, Mark !

SDR

Mark Hertzberg

Post by Mark Hertzberg »

Thanks...the pre-release of the cover is probably because of a photographer / author asking for it!
Mark Hertzberg

Matt

Post by Matt »

I am working on a book about a NW Architect. Maybe I should consider a pre-release (heck a pre-manuscript) cover design.

How are you making use of the cover in your marketing?

Mark Hertzberg

Post by Mark Hertzberg »

I am not sure what the publisher will be doing with it. I am spreading the word a bit on my own through my website, through two Facebook Wright groups (The Prairie Traveler and The Wright Attitude) and will be giving more talks based on the book.
Mark Hertzberg

Paul Ringstrom

Post by Paul Ringstrom »

Mark's book is now available for purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Frank-Lloyd-Wrig ... 275&sr=8-1

It is thoroughly researched and well written. Lots of good photos too!
Owner of the G. Curtis Yelland House (1910), by Wm. Drummond

Mark Hertzberg

Post by Mark Hertzberg »

Thank you, Paul. I tried to email you my thanks for your email, but it bounced back. I appreciate your linking people to where they can buy the book: I would prefer people shop at the local bookseller or the publisher rather than the big A:
Boswell Books, Milwaukee: https://www.boswellbooks.com/book/9780870209109

Wisc. Historical Society Press:
https://shop.wisconsinhistory.org/produ ... -p3364.htm

Thank you! I hope to see you in LA.
Mark
Mark Hertzberg

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Unfortunately, Hennessey & Ingalls is a bit slow to stock up on the latest tomes, so it may be a while before I can get the book. They have also relocated from Santa Monica (a stroll from the beach) to downtown LA on the east side, which has the allure of a truck stop in Newark.

Mark Hertzberg

Post by Mark Hertzberg »

Thank you for trying! You can order from Boswell Books or the publisher. Then I can sign it for you when we finally meet at the conference!
Mark Hertzberg

Mark Hertzberg

Re: Penwern Book Update - Cover Design

Post by Mark Hertzberg »

Thanks for your note!
Mark Hertzberg