For sale: Aaron Green house in Soquel, CA

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

House for Dr. and Mrs. Victor M. Ohta, pp 250-265 in Randolph Henning's book. Beautiful house.

One loss: A beautiful vine (wisteria?) with a gnarled trunk (254), a work of art in its own right, has been removed.

SDR

Post by SDR »

http://wrightchat.savewright.org/viewto ... 1f15d39400

http://wrightchat.savewright.org/viewto ... bb99267798

What goes around, comes around---or "it's like déjà vu all over again !"

S

DavidC

Re: For sale: Aaron Green house in Soquel, CA

Post by DavidC »

SDR

Post by SDR »

Any photo set of this lovely and special house would benefit from at least one image showing the unusual wood jalousie ventilation panels in an open position. It would explain the otherwise puzzling opacities interrupting virtually every window band. We have just one such photo in Randy Henning's monograph; it is the very last photo of the house, taken early in the life of the building.

juankbedoya

Post by juankbedoya »

Does anybody have the plans of this gem..?
Here's another nice video for a better understanding of this house. I really love it..!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xO0c0T ... onalRealty

juankbedoya

Re:

Post by juankbedoya »

DRN wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:40 am
This house was on a FLWBC Post-Conference tour in 2016. It was perfectly designed and detailed; its siting and views were incredible (the drive up to it was a thrilling switchback); it was in immaculate condition. A masterwork of Green.
Some pics from my visit (thanks to SDR for web hosting them):

Thanks for the pictures... I really love this house. I feel it like a small Taliesin with sharp edges.