Poll concerning Trump Donghia thread

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
SDR

Post by SDR »

My hope was that a group of people with something in common other than a political persuasion might in fact be able to approach a common problem with fresh insights. I did find insight, useful fact, and community with other contributors to that thread. And we had only one consistent minority voice, reminding us that we weren't just "preaching to the choir."

Now we have a new thread, looking at what Mr Wright said about war and about religion. Perhaps that will provide an opportunity to look at the personal insights of our favorite architect, while skirting anything approaching "politics" ?

SDR

Forest

Post by Forest »

I'm all for free speech and the expression of thoughts, ideas and opinions. But I visit this site for news, views and opinions on the work of Frank Lloyd Wright, and the occasional mention of other architects. I don't mind the Trump/Donghia thread as long as it remains unto itself. Those interested in its content can follow it, while those disinterested, like myself, can ignore it.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Thanks, Forest -- I was hoping for that response from more Chatters. But it appears that some are truly offended by the thread's existence here, so I'm all for saying goodbye. We can't expect respect from those whom we disrespect . . . ?

Best -- Steve

Sequoia

Post by Sequoia »

I find the thread in question, questionable. I respect everyone's right to have an opinion, but this has gone a bit too far. We need more Wright, less tangents from all. Kudos to peterm for being aware enough to let this go, I believe that most others will gladly follow.

peterm

Post by peterm »

Ok... I'll give everyone a well deserved break, and retire my posts on the Trump Donghia thread. I apologize to those who have found it to be an annoyance.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Not to beat this old, dead horse, but on a side note, slightly related:

My late brother and I did not get along for many years, each going his own way, crossing paths only rarely. Then in 2000, we began communicating regularly by e-mail, virtually on a daily basis, until his death in 2010. It was an amazingly cordial relationship, considering the past; funny, light-hearted, agreeable. However, in 2006 he visited me while on a road trip, and it was the same old crap as when we were kids.

It seems to me that, whatever the subject matter, posting online establishes relationships that are to a great extent artificial. I don't know what that says about face-to-face relationships in the future, but I doubt it's a positive assessment.

JChoate

Post by JChoate »

Roderick,
It says that sometimes Less is More.

Reidy

Post by Reidy »

You can put me down as doesn't-matter, since I don't follow the thread.

I once compared people who bring up politics here to people who talk in movies. If I were religious I'd compare them to babies who cry in church. To run with the latter metaphor, as long as they stay in the crying room I don't care.