New Yamagiwa Frank Lloyd Wright lamps

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
peterm

New Yamagiwa Frank Lloyd Wright lamps

Post by peterm »

Thank you, Paul Ringstrom, for alerting me to this. I had no idea this was coming out.

http://asia.nikkei.com/Life-Arts/Life/J ... me-burning

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Well, I guess that's money spent.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Peter, what do you think of a lamp modeled -- by somebody -- on the Lamberson fireplace basket ?

SDR

peterm

Post by peterm »

I'm fine with it. I'm curious how and why they chose the fire basket design to turn into a lamp. I like it, though I don't personally have any need to purchase one. If anything, it inspires me to get the real steel thing built. Any welders out there in Wrightland?

DRN

Post by DRN »

I know a fine welder here in NJ...a bit far flung for Chicago or Oskaloosa though. In all seriousness, architect Walter Jennings in Fayetteville, AR , the son of Fay Jones' late firm partner Maurice Jennings may have connections to welders who assembled the fine and conceptually similar pieces for Jones et al.

http://mauricejenningswalterjennings.co ... lcome.html

Do you have drawings for the fire basket to share on Chat?

peterm

Post by peterm »

Thanks, Dan. Drawing is on its way...

SDR

Post by SDR »

peterm

Post by peterm »

Thanks SDR! There is a section of the living room on a blueprint which also shows the basket. I'll photograph that soon.

SDR

Post by SDR »

For those who haven't seen this piece already, it should be explained that the pyramidal basket was to hang from chains (from a swinging bracket ?) and -- apparently -- contain or support sticks of firewood, in the very tall Lamberson fireplace. I think this concept is unique in all of Usonia, isn't it

SDR

DRN

Post by DRN »

What an interesting object!

peterm

Post by peterm »

It sure is. I still don't understand the exact function. Ash, embers, and coals would be falling out onto the floor of the hearth, bouncing off of the slats of the steel grate. It could be entertaining, though.

peterm

Post by peterm »

Bringing this thread forward.

My lamp just arrived...

SDR

Post by SDR »

Healeyjet

Post by Healeyjet »

Beautiful!!
On their site it shows 240V, do you need to rewire it or were they able to wire it for you?
Ward

SDR

Post by SDR »

The wires could carry any voltage. The socket would be the issue ? Can't believe they would send a fixture here that couldn't be used . . .

SDR