Lloyd Lewis sections

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
g.dorn

Re: Lloyd Lewis sections

Post by g.dorn »

Living roof ceiling

Im quite amazed how the ceiling boards seem to work out, each boards is ~180mm/7"

Imagell living ceiling by g dorn, on Flickr
G Dorn
Perth Western Australia
www.dornworks.com
think, design, build

pharding

Post by pharding »

I am the Restoration Architect for the Lloyd Lewis House. It is a great architectural work. If you get stuck in a particular area. PM me and I can help you.
Paul Harding FAIA Restoration Architect for FLW's 1901 E. Arthur Davenport House, 1941 Lloyd Lewis House, 1952 Glore House | www.harding.com | LinkedIn

g.dorn

Post by g.dorn »

I am the Restoration Architect for the Lloyd Lewis House. It is a great architectural work. If you get stuck in a particular area. PM me and I can help you.
thanks for the offer - I can do that.
G Dorn
Perth Western Australia
www.dornworks.com
think, design, build

MOman2

Post by MOman2 »

Continuing my series "can you see the house?"
Is it possible for one to see the Lewis house from the/a road?
153 W Little Saints Mary Rd 60048
Thank You

SDR

Post by SDR »

The Google map for the address you supplied strongly suggests that the answer is no.

"As a former copy editor, I always feel I am defending the person whose name is being misspelled, not attacking the person who misspells it." Ronald Alan McCrea (1943-2019)

MOman2

Post by MOman2 »

I saw that too How do the owners of the home get to their house??

SDR

Post by SDR »

Google doesn't show driveways, but there has to be one: the house includes a carport, and cars have been photographed at the house . . .

S
"As a former copy editor, I always feel I am defending the person whose name is being misspelled, not attacking the person who misspells it." Ronald Alan McCrea (1943-2019)

HOJO

Post by HOJO »

There's a driveway, that you can enter, from the Little St. Mary's Road straight to the north of the house.

SDR

Post by SDR »

On Google maps north is always up. So, perhaps the driveway travels west from Little St. Mary's Road to the river and the house ?

It would be great to see the lot lines in the neighborhood. Rather than owning the right-of-way to the house, the owner of the property might have an easement through neighbors' property ?

S

MOman2

Post by MOman2 »

ahhh ha there is a road
check out this take from Google Earth Pro
The house BEFORE the Lewis house has a driveway with an obvious road.
https://postimg.cc/k2zvnjLv
Now how does one get to that road?

SDR

Post by SDR »

Good one. Well, it should be clear that that (unpaved ?) lane goes to Little St. Mary's Road to the right, and continues to the Lewis house to the left. There was no doubt a time before that newer house was built, that the Lewis lane served only the Wright-designed house.

Lewis lane ? Isn't that Clark Kent's girlfriend ?

S

MOman2

Post by MOman2 »

another look and if you see from the red arrows there are two entrances
to this high end community
https://postimg.cc/H8rPZJMp
One of those must lead to the Lewis home

Tim

Post by Tim »

I pass by there periodically. If I have time, tomorrow I will take some photos/videos (from the street). It will only show the street/driveway. You cannot see the house from the street.

SDR

Post by SDR »

We've already established the street nearest the house, from which a hidden driveway descends. Now you're backing further away from the site ? I don't understand . . .

HOJO

Post by HOJO »

MOman2 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:18 pm
ahhh ha there is a road
check out this take from Google Earth Pro
The house BEFORE the Lewis house has a driveway with an obvious road.
https://postimg.cc/k2zvnjLv
Now how does one get to that road?
In this image you can see part of the driveway running from the right, perpendicular from the W. Little St. Mary's Road off the screen, to the Lewis house on the left of the image..
On Google Streetview one can see the entrance to the driveway from the W. Little St. Mary's Road without a gate, so one can go closer to the house.
Right Tim?