Donald Trump, Donghia and interior design

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Mod, re the NRA clip: Do you seriously believe the NRA will take up arms to annihilate the left? There are more guns in this country than there are people; the NRA doesn't have a corner on munitions. Guns are as common among the left as the right. Nor is there going to be armed conflict in the streets to enforce a regime you seem to find abhorrent, mostly because it isn't as PC or polite as you would have it. Nor does that clip imply any right-wing apocalypse. You are seeing bogey men under your bed.

There has been violence, all of it coming from the left, hell-bent on keeping quiet anyone whose ideology differs from their own. Perhaps it's the inherent tendency of the Bolshevik left to gain ground through violence that convinces you that the right must be likewise inclined? To respond to a loss of an election (through their own incompetence) by forming a 'Resistance,' speaks more to a violent tendency on the left than on the right.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

SDR, how can anyone with the least bit of humor in his bones find that clip anything other than silly? That it should be taken as an assault on the media is just pathetic. It's an edited clip that's been around for 10 years. One definition of "Fake News" is twisting facts to corrupt intent. That's what is going on here. Get over it. Get serious.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

I notice that PBS Newshour is on its high horse. Of course, the fact that "Russia Today," or "RT News," as it became known, was broadcast on PBS until it became controversial.

peterm

Post by peterm »

Roderick Grant wrote:Guns are as common among the left as the right..
I'm beginning to understand why you never cite any sources or data, Roderick. Just wanting something to be a certain way doesn't make it so.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... e0d9a7b3d2

Since when does "resistance" automatically equal violence? Wasn't the tea party a resistance movement?

Your president (I peacefully resist):
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... acist.html
Last edited by peterm on Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Democrats have larger families. And the Washington Post is not only inimical toward Trump, but not the paper it used to be under Graham. Bezos is left of Lenin.

The tea party was totally independent of the Republican Party, and not a welcome movement. This resistance is firmly rooted in the heart of the Democratic Party, with Pelosi stating the cause and leading the charge.

An article from Slate? Really, Pete? I thought you had journalistic standards that obviated rags like Slate, the left version of Breitbart.

peterm

Post by peterm »

If you think there is a a mistake or falsehood in the journalism, please point it out.

peterm

Post by peterm »

Roderick Grant wrote:Democrats have larger families.
And you're wrong yet again on the family size. Where do you come up with these things? Republicans have more children. I looked up multiple sources trying to confirm your claim, but came up empty:

https://www.quora.com/Do-liberals-have- ... servatives
http://halfsigma.typepad.com/half_sigma ... have_.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/townhall.c ... s-n1986978
https://www.livescience.com/5728-teen-b ... tates.html

SDR

Post by SDR »

It may be Roderick's goal to demolish, with over-the-top hyperbole, a conversation he finds distasteful and irrelevant. If so, he appears to have won.

The daily headlines -- whether found on PBS or on Fox -- speak for themselves, I'd say, and I intend to leave what I had hoped would be an enlightening and necessary discussion of current events, to those with more stomach than I. Have.

Maybe Roderick will follow suit, as was his stated intention at least sixty pages ago. Flail on, folks . . .

SDR

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Irrelevant, yes. I think peterm may have had a humorectomy, what with his assertion that Jacques Tati was funny.

Pete, is "My Night At Maud's" on your list of the 100 best movies of all times?

peterm

Post by peterm »

As in the case of Trump, after the fact excuse of humor is used here to justify multiple falsehoods pulled out of thin air.

What is the punch line of your hilarious joke (false claim) that left and right own the same amount of weapons?

peterm

Post by peterm »

Trump kisses Putin's ring... then bonds and chums around with the murderer of at least 60 journalists and opposition leaders since 1993:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-points ... 32297.html

Russian foreign minister Minister Sergey Lavrov already has said that Trump had accepted Putin’s assurances that Russia had not in fact interfered (attacked) with the election. Normally, someone takes notes of these meetings. There was no one documenting the discussions during this meeting.

http://pix11.com/2017/07/07/trump-putin ... continues/

peterm

Post by peterm »

Trump tweeted:

"Putin & I discussed forming an impenetrable Cyber Security unit so that election hacking, & many other negative things, will be guarded.."

LOL!!! Guard that hacking, great idea!

egads

Post by egads »

Make Russia great again

Do they still shoot traitors?

peterm

Post by peterm »

Not sure...

But a trial followed by public humiliation would be much more humane. I'm not really into that barbaric capital punishment thing. Why make a martyr of an ill man?

The latest: the tweeting emperor unclothed has already changed his mind due to the fact that he became a laughing stock from his previous tweet.

"The fact that President Putin and I discussed a Cyber Security unit doesn't mean I think it can happen. It can't-but a ceasefire can,& did!"

peterm

Post by peterm »

We were told to "Give the democratically elected president a chance". How many chances does he get?

Reince Preibus says this is all a "nothing burger", but its actually multiple Burger King Whoppers. Why did Donald Junior, Manafort, Sessions, Flynn, and Kushner all lie and then change their stories several times? Jr. just this week gave a different story every day...

Treason. (What else can one call it? In this corporate global economy, do today's robber barons give a hoot about national boundaries?) But by old school definitions it is nothing less than treason.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/10/us/p ... hone-share

BTW- Don Jr.'s nickname at the White House? Fredo (as in The Godfather...)

" Ever since the campaign, a popular, behind-his-back nickname for Trump Jr. among some in his father’s political inner circle has been “Fredo,� referring to Fredo Corleone, the insecure and weak failure of a son in The Godfather series who ends up causing major damage to the crime family and contributing little of value. This has been relayed to The Daily Beast in several stories by Team Trump veterans over the past several weeks.

Others were more charitable, but acknowledged that he could chafe with colleagues. Another former campaign aide said he “didn’t have any issues with him, [but] he’s definitely got a ‘you work for me’ attitude.� " - From the Daily Beast