Donald Trump, Donghia and interior design

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
peterm

Post by peterm »

Such an inspiration:

" "And you've seen the stories about some of these animals. They don't want to use guns, because it's too fast and it's not painful enough. So they'll take a young, beautiful girl, 16, 15, and others, and they slice them and dice them with a knife, because they want them to go through excruciating pain before they die. And these are the animals that we've been protecting for so long. Well, they're not being protected any longer, folks."

That's a story the president of the United States told at a rally in Ohio on Tuesday night. It's a creepy story, one that mixes unnecessarily detailed savagery with the image of "a young, beautiful girl." "

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagot ... y,amp.html

Mod mom

Post by Mod mom »

For those who don't know, the Chicago Tribune is a right leaning publication:

-snip

"What Trump said in Ohio on Tuesday night was not normal. What he said to the Boy Scouts was not normal. What he's doing to his attorney general is not normal.

So I dropped that other column and wrote this one. And I'll do that again, and again, and again as often as necessary, and I don't care if I sound like a broken record.

Because no American should accept any of this sadistic nonsense as normal."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html

peterm

Post by peterm »

Someone needs to apologize, because as we all know, DJT has yet to apologize for any of his offensive behavior. So, course, a person who has absolutely no reason to, ends up having to humiliate himself:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... mps-speech

"Communications director"?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnbc.com ... annon.html

peterm

Post by peterm »

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/n ... place.html

I'm not buying the recent "poor Sessions" narrative. It's pure cruelty, backed by the backwards looking GOP.

JimM

Post by JimM »

I try not to get bogged down in the futility of all this, but things are getting more and more untenable. There's nothing normal about a president calling together his uninformed minority, and hopeless others, for the adoration he craves. It's always when his insatiable ego and insecurity needs a boost.

At every public event, whether standing in front of the CIA Wall of Honor or the Boy Scouts of America, it's only about him ("that I can tell you, believe me."). There's a reason a role for a "main-stream" free press was included in the Constitution, and they should be even more critical than they're accused of. This authoritarian thug is exactly the type of occurence the founding fathers were concerned about. They never could have imagined it would be a corrupt billionaire treating the country as if it were an extension of his private business.

There's a good possibility he's about to drag the country through a constitutional crisis. The ironic up side is he can't help himself, and will unintentionally bring an end to this madness of his own making.

peterm

Post by peterm »

So true...

Reince is now out. Replacement? Retired General and Homeland Security Secretary Kelly...
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/presiden ... d=48916035

peterm

Post by peterm »

"You're gonna win so much you may even get tired of winning..."

This guy, "The Mooch"...his wife just filed for divorce, he has been fired after only ten days, and has managed to become yet another national laughing stock.

Trump Removes Anthony Scaramucci From Communications Director Role
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/31/us/p ... house.html

Tom

Post by Tom »

There is something about the Trump drama that I love and only wish Obama had had the Kahunas to do.
(trans.: kahunas = balls)

peterm

Post by peterm »

Imagine as an architect you fire your draughtspersons, interns, draw up plans that don't meet code, design buildings that are destined to collapse, insult every other architect and designer on a daily basis, bring in contractors and craftsmen who have never before worked in their trades, repeatedly threaten and sue contractors and clients, never get anything built... and you had never studied or read anything about architecture in your entire life.

That would take "Kahunas", yes...

Tom

Post by Tom »

NO!
I think, what you say here, is a very good ... analogy
and I understand what you are saying.
but please:
understand me.

peterm

Post by peterm »

It's probably too extreme of an analogy...

Did I misunderstand you? Maybe there was someone you wished Obama would have fired after 11 days?

Tom

Post by Tom »

Rahm Emanuel
Arne Duncan
Timothy Geithner
Joe Biden
Hillary Clinton
for starters.

I am one of those who believe that Obama's Presidency was a lost opportunity.
He was hanging ten on election night and then immediately cut back.
I think he should have gone to the country (without pretension), like Trump is pretending to do.

One can ask for understanding without agreement.
For example, I usually do not agree, politically,* with RG,
but what is more is that I really do not understand him.

*architecturally ...and more importantly for everyone here, I assume, it's a different matter.

peterm

Post by peterm »

Now I understand... thanks.

egads

Post by egads »

Obama was careful to a fault certainly. But then again, he could not be an angry black man. This is something my wife had to repeatedly remind me of over the 8 years. Some of us (including me) are completely unaware of our white privilege. I never thought about it until Travon was shot. Now I am very aware that when I, for instance, get a speeding ticket, that's all I get. I have never been stopped for no reason. I don't get followed around stores. Black folks don't get to live like that in this country.

SDR

Post by SDR »

All of that is true. And no, the position is not a bleeding-heart "liberal fantasy" . . .

Obama's major accomplishment was to get elected; the unacknowledged bias against a black man, as much as anything else -- though certainly abetted by his own reluctance to engage -- prevented him from making the kinds of advances promised, and hoped for.

SDR