Donald Trump, Donghia and interior design

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Rood

Post by Rood »

Yes, many miles of the existing wall cost 5 million per mile, and it won't get easier. A 2,000 mile long wall would cost trillions, not millions.

What will they do when the wall reaches the Rio Grande River? Slice the river down the middle? And do they plan to extend the wall three miles out into the Pacific Ocean, and into the Gulf of Mexico, to prevent people from swimming around the end of their great wall.

Psht .... tRUMP can build a wall a hundred feet long and he'll have completely fulfilled his threat.

Anyone with any intelligence knew this was just a throw-away campaign line, directed at the lowest common denominator.

peterm

Post by peterm »

So those of us who took him at his word are of lower intelligence? Then what of those who knew he was full of bs, but voted for him anyway?

Which part of his insane campaign promises were we to believe and which reject? Maybe "the best and the brightest"?

Betsy Devos

Rick Perry

Etc.

DRN

Post by DRN »

Well, Steve Wynn believes it is "Springtime in America"...

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/billionai ... ent-trump/

Didn't Mel Brooks write a song that went something like that?

peterm

Post by peterm »

Ha! I wish it were a Mel Brooks film...

Sessions has just recused himself:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/02/u ... crats.html

Secret agent man?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

Kushner, Flynn, JD Gordon, Carter Page, and Sessions all met with this guy, Kislyak. The administration consistently denied any contact of any member of their administration with any Russian.

RA

Post by RA »

That which is most disturbing to me is that they are having Kushner meet with foreign ministers...

peterm

Post by peterm »

March 2nd, Roderick Grant wrote: "As to the current administration, we ain't going to war with anyone."

I suppose 20 previously planned air strikes don't necessarily constitute war, but the concentration in such a short amount of time might indicate that escalation could be forthcoming:

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.c ... 3D45882852

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Peter, as to your earlier post about the Sessions affair, I had to go back to find an exact quote of what Senator Leahy asked to be sure. Both he and Stuart Smalley asked *specifically* if Sessions talked to Russians about the election, not if he talked to Russians about anything at all. In both cases, Sessions answered correctly. He did talk to the Russian ambassador twice, but did not broach the subject of the election, and one of those encounters was after the election. Obviously, if anything ominous is included in the references you list, both Google and the NYT at the very least speculated.

Perhaps I should appropriate Hillary's constant refrain: "I misspoke." The war in Yemen has been ongoing for a long time. Trump is responding to an existing situation, not starting a war of his own. If Hillary had been elected, we would now be at war with Russia over her establishment of a no-fly zone over Syria, a profoundly stupid idea. That would be an example of "going to war," not bombing Yemen.

peterm

Post by peterm »

Time will tell. We're just getting started.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

First, I have to say that Steve Wynn looks like he has one foot in the grave. But he handled himself excellently. As to "Springtime In America" (or Germany), people have used spring as an image of renewal for as long as spring has existed. To draw a comparison is just silly.

Rood's 'tRUMP' is the sort of nonsense that has been all over the Internet for over a year with 'hilLIARy', 'HITLERY' and the like. Grow up.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Peter: "Time will tell. We're just getting started."

Really? An admission that the administration is just getting started? I thought you had played out the entire four years and drawn all sorts of cataclysmic consequences. Keep that quote in mind: TWT, in the current habit. TWT indeed. With articulate, successful, optimistic persons like Steve Wynn in his camp, there's more hope for Springtime in America than that grinning Timmy Kaine had to offer.

peterm

Post by peterm »

For millions of people all over the planet, the notion that he is just getting started is absolutely terrifying. Interesting...

Dan is consistently mature and respectful in his postings in Wright Chat. I've never known him to attack or offend anyone.
Isn't it possible to overlook his rare moment of silliness?
Last edited by peterm on Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

The same can be said about you, Peter.

peterm

Post by peterm »

Dan, you're in tune with the Zeitgeist! Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick, Cloris Leachman, Jimmy Kimmel and you know who star in:

https://youtu.be/OemqVWi_R0k

DRN

Post by DRN »

LM**O!

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Next, Peter, post the complete works of Vaughn Meader.